[Users] Meeting minutes

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 21 16:17:25 CDT 2010

Hi Bruno,

On 10/21/2010 01:48 PM, Bruno Giacomazzo wrote:
> Hi, in the meeting minutes I was not able to find what are the
> citations requested when using the GRHydro thorn. In a previous email
> Frank listed only this reference:
>
> @Article{Baiotti:2010zf

this was apparently a glitch. If I remember correctly, we decided
in the call to limit the number of papers to one per component
(the most relevant one), since otherwise things become a bit
impractical. For GRHydro, which was originally based on the public
version of Whisky, we decided to list the Baiotti et al. 2005 paper.
We decided not to list the WhiskyMHD paper, simply, because GRHydro's
MHD implementation is completely independent.

I hope this clarifies things.

> 1) what should we do when submitting letters where we have to limit
> the number of citations? Would a generic acknowledgment to the
> Einstein Toolkit (with reference to the web-page) be OK?

One should at least cite the most important components you used,
i.e. the Isolated Horizon finder, if it is a crucial component
etc. There is a plan for a computational science publication discussing
the current components of the EinsteinToolkit. This may become the
main reference for such short papers with little room for references.
So not sure how exactly this will work out.

> 2) is there
> a policy on how to "react" if somebody make use of the Einstein
> toolkit in scientific papers without citing it?

You write an e-mail and yell at them.

Best,

 - Christian