[Users] GRHydro: explicit evolution of the electron fraction

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Oct 25 14:35:27 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:37:56AM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
> The tracer variables will (in the future)
> be needed to consistently evolve mass fractions of various elements (for
> use in a low-density EOS and in a nuclear reaction network) that must
> sum up to one without Y_e.

We should at that time probably also talk about a special status for
them, leaving the tracers as general purpose tracers. But we don't need
to discuss that now.

> Hence, it makes sense to promote Y_e to special status.
>
> Please speak up if you have objections.

I don't object, assuming that this can be disabled, and is by default.

As to the timing: please wait with this change until after the
next release of the ET (which should happen soonish)?

Frank