[Users] Meeting minutes

Richard O'Shaughnessy oshaughn at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Mon Sep 20 07:53:13 CDT 2010

> * Erik and Gabe recapped the current status of the test accounts:
> ** they are full accounts on QueenBee sponsored by Erik
> ** their SUs come out of the Cactus allocation
> ** currently the tutorial is geared towards them and using QueenBee
> ** we would like a list of the test accounts (maybe showing which ones are active and which ones are dormant)
> ** wanted to follow up to see if there are users who never run a job but only compile the code

As an example of a user who has both compiled and run the code, I wonder if the instructions could be updated to include more detailed installation instructions for personal machines (e.g., one's own personal 'redshift').  I have run into intermittent dependency stumbling blocks.  Being a prototypical test user who tries this in their spare time, any guidance in ironing out these issues -- particularly for a standard platform (osx) where a prototype already exists -- would be much appreciated.