[Users] Meeting minutes

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Sep 22 20:07:01 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Richard O'Shaughnessy
<oshaughn at gravity.phys.uwm.edu> wrote:

>> * Erik and Gabe recapped the current status of the test accounts:
>> ** they are full accounts on QueenBee sponsored by Erik
>> ** their SUs come out of the Cactus allocation
>> ** currently the tutorial is geared towards them and using QueenBee
>> ** we would like a list of the test accounts (maybe showing which ones are active and which ones are dormant)
>> ** wanted to follow up to see if there are users who never run a job but only compile the code
>
> As an example of a user who has both compiled and run the code, I wonder if the instructions could be updated to include more detailed installation instructions for personal machines (e.g., one's own personal 'redshift').  I have run into intermittent dependency stumbling blocks.  Being a prototypical test user who tries this in their spare time, any guidance in ironing out these issues -- particularly for a standard platform (osx) where a prototype already exists -- would be much appreciated.

The problem is usually not how to add the configuration options to an
option list (be it Cactus or SimFactory), the problem is finding out
what configuration options actually work. Cactus requires certain
additional libraries not found on a standard Mac OS system, and there
are many ways to install these.

We could (or should) describe one standard way to install these
additional libraries, e.g. via the MacPorts system. I should really do
this for Mac OS, and others should do this for Red Hat etc...

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/