[Users] New parallel HDF5 API proposed

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Sep 29 12:42:51 CDT 2010

We're now building HDF5 ourselves with Cactus, since this ensures that
we have up-to-date versions (with e.g. all Lustre performance
improvements) that work with the particular compilers and MPI versions
we use.

Unfortunately, we just decided to support the C++ interface for HDF5,
and this is incompatible with the parallel HDF5 interface. I wonder
why -- maybe that'll change in HDF5 1.10.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/