[Users] Release testing

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 18 16:06:53 CDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 04:10:04PM -0400, Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
> Could you be more specific?

The main issue I see is that we should make sure that during the last
days of this release cycle we actually use the right version of
everything. If you always do a fresh checkout for testing you should not
have any problem. This is what 'compile_tests' does.

If you however do an update every time, GetComponents might have
problems switching from one branch (trunk/master) to another
(ET_2011_05). This is AFAIK now implemented for svn/cvs, and Erik
reported problems for git. In addition, updating and using a newest
location of GetComponents itself requires currently three updates in a
row: first to update the thornlist, a second to update GetComponents,
and then during the third update you are finally using the newest
version of GetComponents for the update.

Frank