[Users] ETK tutorial: long runtime for tov example?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Aug 3 20:38:47 CDT 2011

Scott

Yes, this simulation is given eight hours of wall time. You should be
seeing some output much earlier, after a few minutes already.

The output directory should be created immediately. In fact, it should
already exist when the create-submit command finishes. However, the
output will not be written into the current directory, since this is
often not a good place to store simulation results; instead, the
output will be written elsewhere
(/scratch/<user>/simulations/static_tov/output-0000). If this
directory does not exist, then there is a serious problem.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/