[Users] Schedule corrections to various thorns: Requires update of MoL and other thorns!

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Thu Aug 4 06:11:37 CDT 2011

On 3 Aug 2011, at 02:57, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> As discussed a few days ago, I have just committed corrections to the
> schedule.ccl of various thorns. If you update any of these thorns,

Some of the Einstein Toolkit tests in the test suite are now failing (both with stable and development (git and mercurial) versions of Carpet):

	Hydro_InitExcision/*
	ML_BSSN_sgw3d
	KerrSchild-rotating-180
	KerrSchild-rotating-90

Some of the other tests failed on 3rd August but passed on 4th August.  The tests run at 1am CET, which might have been about the time that Erik was committing, so it may have been due to an inconsistent checkout.  Alternatively, maybe someone fixed them.

	http://damiana2.aei.mpg.de/~ianhin/testsuites/einsteintoolkit/

If you want to run the test suite yourself, you can easily do so using SimFactory (version 2):

	sim create-run mytests_1proc --testsuite --procs 1
	sim create-run mytests_2proc --testsuite --procs 2

It takes a couple of hours to run all the tests, as far as I remember.  You can also run specific tests using

	sim create-run mytests_1proc --testsuite --select-tests <test> --procs 1

where <test> is either <testname>.par, <arrangement> or <arrangement>/<thorn>.

If you want to run on a cluster, replace create-run with create-submit, and add a --walltime option.  You may also have to request --procs <n>, where <n> is a multiple of the number of cores on each node, and then use --ppn-used 1 to indicate that only one processor (core) is used on each node - this is only necessary on some machines; on other machines, simfactory knows to request the correct number of cores and then only use the number you asked for.

Details are also given in the (work-in-progress) user guide for SimFactory, a snapshot of which is currently at http://www.aei.mpg.de/~ianhin/simfactory-userguide/.  Specifically, see the section http://www.aei.mpg.de/~ianhin/simfactory-userguide/use.html#running-the-test-suite.

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de