[Users] Tip for OS X Lion users: May need to run 'make' twice

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:15:56 CDT 2011

For any users running OX Lion who experience an *intermittent* link error at the end of their Cactus build, similar to

ld: in /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/bruiser/lib/libthorn_Formaline-cactus-source.a(cactus_source), archive member 'cactus_source' with length 0 is not mach-o or llvm bitcode for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Typically, just running 'make' a second time will complete the build and produce the "All done !"

Apart from this, I have experienced no changes from my Snow Leopard builds.*

-Scott

*that I use the "gcc-fsf-4.4" branch of compilers from the fink distribution.