[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:16:21 CST 2011

Present were: Frank, Tanja, Roland, Peter, Ian, Eloisa, Bruno,
Erik

ET paper:
* no commits since last week
* please have a look at your assigned section or if you feel you will
not have time to work on it try to have it reassigned

Visualization scripts:
* three groups replied
* please add your own methods, even if it is just "I do what XXX does"

ET workshop:
* will have a short workshop this year, will aim for a summer-school
type event next year

* target group: grad students/postdocs
* topics: using ET (for "externals"), GRMHD (for us to attend)
* possible to hold it at SDSC (Mike Norman), but would need to find
someone to organize it. This would be more visible. Will look into it
and come back next week. (Eloisa will look into this)
* otherwise fall back to CalTech in the week of Oct 10-14th from Tue to
Thu (11-13)

ET GRMHD+EOS workshop:
* meet sooner than ET workshop to smooth out issues with MHD and nuclear EOS
* meet for 2-3 days
* hosted at Atlanta (GT), date to be agreed upon, but likely around the
dates of the APS meeting (not fixed though)
* please indicate preferences here (APS Apr. 30 -- May 3):
http://doodle.com/ayigys5kv7zzyxna
* or via the email list if these dates are no good