[Users] [Developers] undefined reference to `GenericFD_GetBoundaryWidth'

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jan 11 08:06:46 CST 2011

On 11 Jan 2011, at 14:05, Barry Wardell wrote:

> On 11/01/2011 11:39, Alexander Beck-Ratzka wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I have an undefined reference to `GenericFD_GetBoundaryWidth'. Where can
>> I get it?
>>
> Hi Alexander,
>
> GenericFD is a thorn provided as part of Kranc (http://kranccode.org/).
> It's in Auxiliary/Cactus/KrancNumericalTools in the Kranc git repository
> (https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/tree/master/Auxiliary/Cactus/KrancNumericalTools).

Hi Alexander,

According to the email you sent me, you have checked out Kranc using an Einstein Toolkit thornlist from the branch ET_2010_06.  In the version of Kranc for that branch, the GenericFD_GetBoundaryWidth function did not yet exist.  Now, for some reason, you have a version of WeylScal4 which has been generated with a newer version of Kranc and uses this function.  Did you check out WeylScal4 from the same thornlist?  Can you post the section of the thornlist which refers to WeylScal4?

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de