[Users] Meeting minutes
roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:52:42 CDT 2011
Present were: Tanja, Roland, Frank, Josh, Bruno, Yosef, Peter, Erik, Eloisa
status of ET paper:
no progress everbody was busy with other things.
fall ET workshop:
* Josh put his draft for a proposal into svn
* runs with large number of cores (>=72) hang often
* happens to RIT and GT using the simfactory options list (but at least
in the case of GT our own submission script)
* known to happen (Frank knows)
* happens with git version of Cactus
* GT: when hang occurs then the processes hang in Carpet/Recompose
(specifically a comm_state routine, I think step) where most processes
think they are done with a refinement level but some are not yet done
and wait for more data.
* suspect some MPI related problem
* will try differnt MPI versions and all contact the help desk
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20110712/7a9b1646/attachment.bin
More information about the Users