[Users] ET linking problem related to regex

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:34:10 CDT 2011

Cactus is not Boost-aware.

Cactus checks during the configure stage whether the system provides a
header file regex.h, and uses its own only if this is not the case. My
guess is that this configure stage sees you Boost include path, and
hence uses the Boost regex.h file.

It may be that you specify the include path to Boost in a way that is
too general, i.e. in a way that is not specific to your thorn, but
rather to all of Cactus.

Can you tell us more about your configure options?

You can e.g. copy the thorn GSL and thus create a Boost-awareness thorn.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/