[Users] ET linking problem related to regex

Wolfgang Kastaun kastaun at sissa.it
Wed Jun 22 11:54:40 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:23 -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:21:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Kastaun wrote:
> > During the configure stage, regexp.h was found on the system. I remember
> > that Cactus has its own version of regexp, maybe there is a conflict.
>
> Cactus has its own version in case there is non on a system. regexpA is
> a symbol from the boost library, so regex.h is probably used from the
> boost installation, but boost isn't linked in at link time. A solution
> probably involves either to make sure that this regex.h isn't used (did
> you specify to use boost, is boost in the INCLUDE_PATH?), or to make
> sure that the boost regex implementation is linked in (maybe
> -lboost_regex helps).
> Frank

Thanks, this explains it. Indeed, I had Boost in the include path to
compile some of my thorns which use boost libraries (not regexp). Since
I only use header-only components, I did not compile the boost libs, and
I'd prefer not having to do this on every system without a boost
installation, i.e. -lboost_regex would be inconvinient.

Is there a way to switch off the usage of Boost regexp without removing
boost from the include path ?
I didn't know that Cactus is Boost-aware. Are there configuration
options like for GSL or HDF5 ?

Wolfgang.