[Users] Thorn Periodic

Seyyed Mohammad Hassan Halataei smhhalataei at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:47:52 CST 2011

Dear Erik,

Thank you for your respond. I want to use cylindrical coordinates in my
problem (r, phi, z) and I think I need a physical boundary condition for phi
,rather than a symmetry. It seems rotational boundary condition can be
helpful and I thought if I use periodic boundary condition for phi (namely ,
periodic_y = yes) the code should satisfy my demand . However, it could not.

Am I on the right track ?
I think RotatingSymmetry90 cannot do that , because I want to have the full
range [-PI, PI] and evolve it . All I need is connecting two ends of the
grid in phi direction (or y) together . In other words, I like to tape -PI
to PI.

Do you think the thorn Periodic is the appropriate thorn or there is a
better thorn which can do that for me ?

Thank you
Hassan