[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 22 08:33:42 CDT 2011

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Frank, Peter, Tanja, Roland, Erik, Ian, Eloisa, Christian

ET paper:
* LRR:
** proposal writing has not yet started
** would need method to give credit to contributors, LRR is problematic
because the number of authors is limited (3, at most 5 authors
possible), try for authors list of current draft (7-10), acknowledge
past contributors, sort out off-line
** also review work done using the Einstein Toolkit
** better to go use a series of ordinary papers, with an baseline paper
first and additional papers later on describing new modules /
modifications
** publish in LRR if possible, otherwise choose traditional publication
* paper draft in repository needs to be finished
** add more details, remove 20 pages goal
** preferred way to ensure proper credit to contributors (fairness issue
with small number of authors in LRR)
** ask authors to put in at least a skeleton section within 2 weeks
** suggest reassignment of sections if no change after these two weeks
and no data for when the section will be written is given
** re-add deadline and section authors to paper draft

ET spring workshop:
* transportation from CalTech to Anaheim: best to use public
transportation, taking Metro Gold line to Union station, then train to
Anaheim, then cab or walk for 2miles.