[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 28 12:39:32 CDT 2011

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Frank, Tanja, Bruno, Roland, Christian, Eloisa, Peter,
Yosef, Ian, Erik

upcoming ET release:
* updated release timeline
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/wiki/ReleasePlan
* release will not include python simfactory or the Mercurial version of
Carpet, but we will switch to those about two weeks after the release
* major new feature of release: EOS_Omni
* will write transition guide to be either part of EOS_Omni
documentation or on the ET website (or both)
* MHD is still being tested and not yet ready for official release
** presentation of status at CIGR workshop
* testuites:
** remove obsolete machines: Abe, damiana
** add new machines: Datura (Ian Hinder), Lonestar and Hopper (Erik
Schnetter), Trestles (Christian Ott) incl. only if straightforward to
do, Pandora (Peter Diener)
** test with OpenMP (release with OMP only if no problems are found): 1
process+1 thread total, 1 process+2 threads total, 2 processes+2 threads
total

ET paper:
* publish independent of ET release (with timetable from Meeting Reminder):
    April 04: Most text included, or sections get reassigned
    April 11: All text included, data from example sections mostly there
    April 18: Results from example sections included, or dropped
    April 25: Text and data complete - "public review"
    May   09: Addressed incoming comments, publish along with new release