[Users] automatic check of testsuites?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 29 02:57:23 CDT 2011

On 29 Mar 2011, at 03:01, Luca Baiotti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> by reading the minutes I started wondering whether there is again a
> mechanism to check the testsuites regularly and automatically on
> different machines, like the mechanism that Thomas Radke had created.
> I read briefly the Einstein Toolkit website, but did not find this
> mentioned.

I have set up something which runs nightly on my workstation and tests the ET thornlist with both versions of Carpet as well as some of our private thorns.  It is by no means perfect and would need quite a bit of work to make it useful.  We should have something "official" which runs on each machine.  I suspect one barrier to working on this is the hope that simfactory will one day be able to run testsuites, and that that would be the best infrastructure to use for such a project.  Unfortunately, nobody has the time to put the required work in.  Are you volunteering? :)

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de