[Users] removing refinement levels in Carpet

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 1 18:46:09 CDT 2011

Luca

The parameters in CarpetRegrid2 are only used at startup. At run time,
and after recovering, the corresponding grid scalars are used.

The easiest way to remove a level is to decrease the num_levels grid
scalar in CarpetRegrid2, and then to regrid. Any thorn can reduce this
grid scalar when it "inherits" from CarpetRegrid2.
Checkpointing/recovering is not necessary; however, if you want to do
this with a checkpointed simulation, then you can remove a level
before the first time step after recovering.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/