[Users] No Meeting tomorrow, Monday May 15th

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 15 22:20:44 CDT 2011

Hi,

At least Tanja, Roland, myself and Erik cannot join the ET call
tomorrow, so let's cancel the meeting for this week.

However: in order not to lose focus in the ET paper it would be nice to
have some progress report for the largest missing sections, e.g., the
examples, on this mailing list.

For the TOVs:

I ran a couple of resolutions of a standard TOV model and can easily see
the fundamental mode. It is pretty clear that in order to get a good
measurement of the frequency the resolution cannot be laptop or
workstation-friendly, but that is to be expected. I cannot easily see or
measure any overtones though - it's a nice, damped sine. I will finish
to run the high-res simulations and then include that frequency
measurement in the paper, comparing with the expected result.

Frank