[Users] No Meeting tomorrow, Monday May 15th

Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Mon May 16 13:25:21 CDT 2011

For the bbh simulation:

I still have problems with NaNs around 8-10M of evolution. The parameter
file I prepared BBHLowRes.par quits always around 8.5M of evolution
time (I have tried a few parameter combinations when trying to nail down
this issue). The Nan mask indicates large values coming from the
boundary closer to the Pi symmetry boundary for the second finest level.
The same problem occurs for the bbh.par parameter file (it quits at
10.5M). Interestingly that doesn't seem to be the case for
qc0-mclachlan.par. It runs smoothly until 12M (so far). The most obvious
difference is that AHFinderDirect uses PunctureTracker::pt_loc_[xyz] to
track origin in the bbh.par case but it doesn't for qc0-mclachlan.par.
However I don't see why this would be the cause of these Nans. Maybe
PunctureTracker doesn't understand Pi symmetry? In any case, I will need
to investigate closely the differences between these two parameter files
to find the culprit.

Roland: which Carpet version did you use when you ran qc0-mclachlan.par?

Cheers,
Bruno.