[Users] question about MHD tests for GRHydro

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:57:01 CDT 2011

Hi

2011/10/19 Bruno Giacomazzo <bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu>:

> I imagine you are using McLachlan for the Einstein equations, but what are
> the other differences? I presume you are also using PPM+HLLE. There is a
>  difference between C2P in GRHydro and Whisky, but the rest should be
> similar I presume.

Additionally, McLachlan+GRHydro requires spatially varying beta driver
condition to prevent the instability at coarse grid boundaries, and it
also requires hydroexcision to be turned on after black hole
formation. I heard from Luca as well as from your literatures that
these are not required for Whisky+BSSN_MoL. Luca also checked that my
grid setup is almost identical with yours.

Cheers,

Hee Il