[Users] question about MHD tests for GRHydro

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
Wed Oct 19 16:27:05 CDT 2011

Hi Hee Il,

On Oct 19, 2011, at 12:57 AM, Hee Il Kim wrote:

> Additionally, McLachlan+GRHydro requires spatially varying beta driver
> condition to prevent the instability at coarse grid boundaries, and it
> also requires hydroexcision to be turned on after black hole
> formation. I heard from Luca as well as from your literatures that
> these are not required for Whisky+BSSN_MoL.

	indeed we don't use them for binary neutron star simulations.

> Luca also checked that my
> grid setup is almost identical with yours.

	OK, good.

Thank you for the information.

Cheers,
Bruno

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
JILA - University of Colorado
440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
USA

Tel.  : +1 303-492-0389
Fax  : +1 303-492-5235
email : bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't