[Users] simfactory (python) small issue

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at aei.mpg.de
Sun Sep 18 03:40:57 CDT 2011

Hi Luca,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Luca Baiotti <baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>
 wrote:

> 1) I tried the command
>
> simfactory/bin/sim list-machines ranger
>
> and the result is the whole list of machines. Shouldn't it output only
> the data for ranger?

The list-machines command currently lists all machines in the machine
database. It should also probably either:

a) complain if you give it a machine name as an extra command.
b) only list machines which match the pattern of the name you give.

2) The command     print-machine      seem non-existent:

> Cactus> simfactory/bin/sim print-machine
> Error: unknown command print-machine
> Aborting Simfactory.

You probably want print-mdb-entry.

> 3) If I say:
>
> simfactory/bin/sim --remote-machine=ranger execute ls
>
> the reply is:
>
> sim.py: error: no such option: --remote-machine

Try:

simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger execute ls

> 4) What is the version of the command:
>
> simfactory/bin/sim list-configurations
>
> that lists the available configurations on a remote machine?

simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger list-configurations

> 5)  What is the version of the command:
>
> simfactory/bin/sim build [<configurationname>] --thornlist=<thornlist>
>
> that lists the available configurations on a remote machine?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but assuming you want to build on a
remote machine:

simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger build [configuration]
--thornlist=<thornlist>

The help text in SimFactory (sim --help) is probably the most up-to-date
source for the available commands.

Regards,
Barry