[Users] New location for python-simfactory

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Sep 29 23:13:56 CDT 2011

Hi,

The location for the python version of simfactory has changed. It used
to live as branch PYSIM_2010 within the repository

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory/

It now has its own repository

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/

History is preserved in the sense that this is a copy of the simfactory
repository, which the perl version removed and the python branch made
the trunk. You cannot "switch --relocate" to this repository.
Permissions should be set like for the old repository. Please let me
know if you have problems.

Only if you are interested in technical details: I tried to use
svndumpfilter to get a 'nicer' history, avoiding the repo copy and
'svn mv' of the branches/trunk, by rewriting the paths within the dump.
However, because of a combination of 'svn mv/cp' in the past and
limitations of every svndumpfilter script available (I found five), this
isn't possible without major pain and a lot of work, if at all.

Frank