[Users] Visit & CarpetHDF5 mismatch?

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Thu Apr 12 14:55:22 CDT 2012

Yes, I went to the cmake tab, changed the definitions, and generated code...
 I even changed the mpi lib to -L/sw/lib/openmpi

The error that then results is....

Running: xmledit2.4.2 CarpetHDF5.xml
Running: xml2cmake2.4.2 CarpetHDF5.xml
               Parsed document of type Plugin

Plugin: CarpetHDF5 ("Carpet AMR/curvilinear HDF5 output generated by the
Cactus Computational Toolkit", type=database) -- version 2.1
    Attribute:  ()

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is Clang
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/Users/shawley/apps/VizTools/CarpetHDF5
Scanning dependencies of target ECarpetHDF5Database_par
[  6%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5EnginePluginInfo.C.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5PluginInfo.C.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5CommonPluginInfo.C.o
[ 25%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/avtCarpetHDF5FileFormat.C.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/H5Index.C.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.dylib', needed by
`/Users/shawley/.visit/2.4.2/darwin-x86_64/plugins/databases/libECarpetHDF5
Database_par.dylib'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/all] Error 2

Not sure why it's looking for /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.dylib when I told it to
look elsewhere.