[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Apr 22 21:07:43 CDT 2012

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

I short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
         the conference id is 118682#.

The main topic will be the organization of the next ET release. In
particular, this means ll discuss:

- Is there code which should be included (but which isn't yet)?
  If so: which?
  So far we have identified the following, and I tried to summarize the
  current state for each:
  - ADMMass: no documentation
  - SphericalSlice: no testsuite, no documentation
  - Outflow: suggestion rewrite I/O to use Cactus I/O, probably
    using SphericalSlice
  - OpenCLRuntime: no review so far
- Should something be removed?
  - EOSG_* has been removed
  - 2nd order McLachlan thorns removed
- Should something be depreciated (marked as being removed in the fall)?
  - No candidates so far
- Release-relevant tickets (11) [1]
- ChangeLog
- Release Name
  - Ada Lovelace (World's First Computer Programmer)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace
  - others?

Not necessarily connected to the release:

- Bug reports: a lot happened during last week: 21 issue were opened or
  changed and are still open, 25 tickets could be closed. Some of them
  were:
  - a lot of issues of the virtual machine have been resolved
  - a lot of issues with libraries in ExternalLibraries have been
    resolved
  - some thorns used version 1.8 of hdf5, without real reason, which
    prevented building on system with only api 1.6 available. This
    has been 'backported'.
  - The ET trac now has a working Captcha system, so not signed in
    users can attach their email to newly created tickets
- The first ET paper was accepted.

As usual, feel free to add to this agenda.

Frank Loeffler

[1]
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=!closed&milestone=ET_2012_05&or&status=!closed&priority=critical&or&status=!closed&priority=blocker&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=priority&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=reporter&order=priority