[Users] meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 20 11:00:19 CDT 2012

Present were: Erik, Peter, Roland, Josh, Tanja, Ian, Eloisa, Bruno, Yosef

ET fall workshop:
* time: right now still Oct 22nd, however Christian Ott raised the issue
that there is a grant proposal deadline near this date. Yosef says that
the NSF grant deadline is Oct 31st which might not actually interfere.
Will need to discuss on the mailing list.

* refinemend of topics are that listed on wiki page:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/ET_Workshop_Fall_2012
  - Cosmology: Eloisa will flesh out
  - want/need physics project, not just computer science. Please think
about this.
  - ELoisa asked for clarification why the elliptic solver topic was
removed: removed because we are at the same stage we were at the last
workshop and since it does not seem as if this is a project that
requires a workshop environment but would rather benefit from a smaller
group taking care of it
  - all: please flesh out the proposed topics
  - more test cases that test current physics
* have virtual/in-person presentation/input from other groups working on