[Users] two-punctures documentation

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Aug 28 15:32:01 CDT 2012

On 28 Aug 2012, at 22:20, Comer Duncan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can not seem to find a non-vacuous version of the Einstein Toolkit documentation for TwoPunctures.  On my local machine, I can generate a latex file TwoPunctures.tex but looking it over shows that the various sections fo the documentation have not been fleshed.  Am I seeing something because my build (or attempted build) of the ThornGuilde.pdf has failed?  I can not get the make of ThornGuide.pdf to complete on my machine (mac osx Mountain Lion with latex fully flavored since I upgraded to Mountain Lion).  Can you guys please point me to somewhere which has the fully built documentation.pdf?  I am using Lovelace  since July.  Thanks much.

Hi Comer,

The current latest source file for the documentation can be seen here:

	https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/cactus/EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures/trunk/doc/documentation.tex

The documentation (generated manually at the moment, so it might not be up to date) for the thorns is available either in the thornguide http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/ThornGuide/ThornGuide.html linked from the main ET page, or from the individual thorn documentation (not linked from anywhere yet) at http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/ThornDoc/EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures/documentation.html.

As you can see, the documentation is just a shell.  Unfortunately, not all of the ET is documented yet.  For more information on the algorithms used in the TwoPunctures code, you might want to look at this paper by the original author:

	A Single-domain spectral method for black hole puncture data.
	Marcus Ansorg, Bernd Bruegmann, Wolfgang Tichy (Penn State U.).
	Phys.Rev. D70 (2004) 064011
	DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.70.064011
	e-Print: gr-qc/0404056 [gr-qc] PDF
	http://inspirehep.net/record/648018

If you need more specific information, feel free to ask questions on the mailing list, or peruse the source code!

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder