[Users] Issues getting Einstein Toolkit built on Scientific Linux 6

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Dec 12 00:41:10 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:56:56AM -0500, Barry Wardell wrote:
> In the case of the Mac OS X optionlists, we decided not to do this and to
> just require that certain packages are installed. How does this differ from
> that case?

In theory (and we should make this work), packages from major vendors
should be found automatically. Optionlists should still suggest to
install them, but it should work without as well.

This currently works for, e.g., the debian option list. It doesn't
mention most libraries at all, except in the comment section. If these
are installed they will be found - if they are not they will be built.

Frank