[Users] meeting minutes

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 17 15:12:33 CST 2012

Instead of listing maintainers in these option lists, I would like to add
comments that read

# last-tested-on: date (see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339)
# last-tested-by: Name <address at email> (see
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822)

near the top of option lists. We should then clarify what it means to
"test" an option list -- in my opinion, this should include configuring and
building from scratch, both a debug and an optimised configuration, running
all test cases, and running a multi-node test job with
checkpointing/recovery. This should include not just the standard Einstein
Toolkit test cases, but presumably a larger set.

"Maintaining" an option list then means having one's name listed as
"inspector" and taking the blame when something goes wrong. An
approximately monthly inspection cycle seems a good compromise, given the
volatility of our source code and various HPC systems.

Feel free to add such a comment to an option list that you tested, as a
sign that you are willing to vouch for its quality with your good name.

-erik

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu