[Users] Fwd: Flyer Text

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Sat Feb 25 03:12:59 CST 2012

On 25 Feb 2012, at 01:41, Roland Haas wrote:

> Hello Dennis,
>
>> Here is a new flyer for the upcoming workshop.  I have designed it based
>> upon input on the previous flyer.  Please let me know if you would like me
>> to make any revisions to the new flyer.
> Its certainly more eye catching. It contains some typos though I think:
>
> * I would still capitalize the beginning of sentences.
> * in content: "scientic visualization"
> * registration: "aliation"
> * the url in time & location lost its underscores.

Hi Dennis,

This flyer looks really good.  I love it!

* There are also more typos than Roland found - probably it's easiest just to get someone to proof-read it carefully.

* I've created a nicer-looking URL for the workshop which redirects to the wiki page:	http://einsteintoolkit.org/workshop2012/.  I think this is more friendly for the flyer.

* Maybe highlight the email address and URL, perhaps in bold or orange, as they are important pieces of information.

* The "einsteintoolkit.org" in the bottom right looks a bit weird.  Maybe you could continue the black vertical line all the way to the bottom, or remove the box around the URL.

* This might just be because the PNG preview you sent is low resolution, but I'm worried about how those bitmap graphics will look when printed large, especially Einstein in the corner.  Presumably this graphic was made from some vector source - you could use that instead of a bitmap (unless you are already).  For the simulation images, try to find the highest resolution versions that you can.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder