[Users] File ICs?

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 6 02:27:49 CST 2012

Hello Hal, Ian,

> However, as far as I understand it, this will only allow you to read
> in data on the same grid (or a subset) that was written out.  It will
> not interpolate from a different grid structure.
True the grid has to match at the time it is read in. You are free to
regrid right after that of course (in preregrid of step 1), though I
don't know if this will create the new grid before or after the first
iteration has finished.

If you need to interpolate from a uniform grid you can use
CCTK_InterpLocalUniform to do the interpolation for you. I am not aware
of a pre-made thorn for this.