[Users] File ICs?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jan 6 02:11:11 CST 2012

On 6 Jan 2012, at 07:53, Roland Haas wrote:

> Hello Hal,
>
>> Is there an existing thorn that allows you to read in initial grid data
>> from a file? I see EinsteinInitialData/IDFileADM, but that does not
>> actually implement any reading.
> The file reader in thorn IOUtil will do that for you. See
> $CACTUS/repos/carpet/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/test/input_initial_data.par for
> an example.

However, as far as I understand it, this will only allow you to read in data on the same grid (or a subset) that was written out.  It will not interpolate from a different grid structure.

IDFileADM is just a bit of book-keeping to interface the Carpet file-reader with the ADMBase "initial_data" parameters.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder