[Users] problem with first example simulation with ETK

Jose Fiestas Iquira jafiestas at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 10 18:31:48 CST 2012

Dear ETK users,

I am trying to run the ETK example as in
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users

Since /scratch/ettest24/simulations could not be find I created it.
Now, after submission of the script with:

$ ./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov.par
--procs=32 --walltime=8:0:0

it gives me, for example:

$ Assigned restart id: 3
   Executing submit command: qsub
/scratch/ettest24/simulations/static_tov/output
0003/SIMFACTORY/SubmitScript

(I submitted it for the 3. time)

$ ./simfactory/bin/sim list-simulations
gives me:

$ static_tov              [ACTIVE (FINISHED), restart 0003, job id -1]

But I can not visualize the data, if present. Because:
 ~/scratch/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/static_tov (as in the
tutorial) does not exist.

But it exists in my user directory:

/scratch/ettest24/simulations/static_tov

only any .asc file exists. So, I can not visualize the example (if run ...)

Few questions about the tutorial:
- Do I need a create a script for the example? Or is created automatically?
- How long should it take the example? Is it possible it is still running?
- Is ssh -Y qb.loni.org a typo? should be -X

Thank you and regards,
Jose