[Users] Carpet moving grids

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jan 23 09:01:10 CST 2012

Petr

There are thorns that determine the location of the density maximum
and/or the centre of mass for neutron stars, and those thorns can feed
into Carpet's regridding method to have it track neutron stars. I have
not evolved moving neutron stars myself, so I can't tell you any more
details, but I hope others on this list will speak up.

Another method (that is probably not implemented yet) would be to
track the centre of the neutron stars in the same manner as the
puncture tracker, i.e. to derive an ODE that drives a pseudo-particle
along the density gradient. (In the puncture tracker, this
pseudo-particle moves along the shift vector instead.)

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/