[Users] ET(K) VirtualBox image and shared folders, revisited

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Sat Jul 7 15:41:00 CDT 2012

Hi,
  I'm revisiting the VirtualBox disk image from the workshop in April.
Previously I had it set up to auto-mount my user directory from my Mac
(/Users/shawley) into the VM's /home/etk-user/shawley.

And it used to work (i.e. on the VM, you could see the ~shawley directory
from my Mac).  It's not doing that anymore.  I'm not sure what changed.

I had, in /et/rc.local on the VM, the line...

mount -t vboxsf /Users/shawley /home/etk-user/shawley

I've tried this ... with and without "sudo" first, and with and without
full path specification.

The "Auto Mount" flag was checked in "Settings" for the VirtualBox VM's
"Settings" window.  Some web forums threads suggest turning that off...

Either way, I can no longer get my directory to be shared.

Dennis/Frank/others?  Can someone suggest a way to (re-)achieve this?

Thanks,
Scott