[Users] brill

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 6 19:34:51 CDT 2012

Hello Comer,

> I have another question, admittedly naive.  Namely, I want to run a Brill
> wave using McLaclan.   Can you guys point me to the appropriate config to
> do this old test?  I see that Gundlach (and maybe others) has
> made IDBrillData in EinsteinInitialData.  So if I want to make a config
> which will run this problem presumably using ML_* and IDBrillData  I need
> to create such, unless there is one around somewhere that I can use.  Can
> someone(s) help me out?
I'd take one of the test file
Cactus/arrangements/CactusNumerical/Dissipation/test/test_ah.par which
already uses IDBrillData and ML_BSSN and combine it with a more useful
parameter file (say Cactus/par/ks-mclachlan.par) to have something more
like an actually useful simulation.

Note that IDBrillData is very much unused by now and requires some
tricks to get to work with McLachlan (see the comments in test_ah.par).