[Users] ET(K) VirtualBox image and shared folders, revisited

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Sat Jul 7 17:41:06 CDT 2012

I'd love to understand why moving the directory somewhere else and
immediately back had a positive effect...

etk-os:~> sudo mount -t vboxsf shawley /home/etk-user/shawley

/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: Protocol error

etk-os:~> mv shawley/ shawley.O
etk-os:~> sudo mount -t vboxsf shawley /home/etk-user/shawley
/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: No such file or
directory
etk-os:~> mv shawley.O shawley
etk-os:~> sudo mount -t vboxsf shawley /home/etk-user/shawley
etk-os:~>

...and now it works.  That should not happen.    I won't complain for now.

I still have to mount it manually.  It seems that rc.local is not being
run, despite the execution bits being set.
I'll add a logging line to investigate further, but this is good enough
for now.

Thanks.

-Scott