[Users] [yates at cct.lsu.edu: Re: [Allcct] storage problems]

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jul 25 15:34:06 CDT 2012

Hi,

LSUThorns and LSUDevelopment might be affected by this
hardware failure at LSU.

Frank

----- Forwarded message from Adam Yates <yates at cct.lsu.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:02:56 -0500
From: Adam Yates <yates at cct.lsu.edu>
To: allcct at cct.lsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Allcct] storage problems

Hi everyone, here is a brief update:

We've sustained a failed controller in our storage solution from
HP.  This has not caused any data loss as far as we can tell.
We are having a new controller shipped to us and it will be installed
tomorrow morning.  After that we should be back to production with our
systems.

Again, service on affected systems will be spotty at best. Please contact
the helpdesk if you need specific files and we will do our best to
provide them to you.

In the next week or so we will also be performing a firmware upgrade
on the storage to bring it up to the most current version.  I will send
out more information on this maintenance as the time draws near.

Thanks!
Adam

--
Adam Yates
Systems Administrator -- Research Infrastructure