[Users] meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 18 10:35:58 CDT 2012

Present were: Philipp, Erik, Peter, Steve, Bruno, Roland, Tanja, Barry
Wardell

* we have not yet reached a decision of whether to hold the next
workshop at RIT or LSU (both of which were mentioned as possible locations)
* currently the most likely dates (from the poll at
http://doodle.com/ritukz79hhuvhben) are the weeks of Oct 22nd and Oct 29th

* there is consensus to remove the thorns listed on
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Usage_poll by deprecating any
that are not already deprecated and deprecating all options that use
them in the next release. In the release after, they will be removed
(unless they are already deprecated in which case they will be removed
in the next release).
* ADMMass which requires ADMMacros will be rewritten to not require them
anymore (seems to only require UPPMETRIC).

* the Outflow thorn has been accepted and will be moved to
EinsteinAnalysis (needs to be done at LSU: Peter, Steve?)

* will add multirate support to MoL once we understand why some GRHydro
tests fail on bethe under some circumstances
* there is a second set of MoL patches for IMEX that Christian Reisswig
says does not conflict, Erik will follow up on what happened to them

* as usual please look at outstanding patches up for review [1]

[1]
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=review&group=component&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=reporter&col=time&col=component&order=priority