[Users] about "position_(x|y|z)[0-9]..asc" in CarpetRegrid2

Eloisa Bentivegna bentivegna at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 6 09:04:08 CST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Kentaro Takami wrote:

> Hi, Eloisa,
>
>> a few questions: which thorn are you using to fill in the position_* scalars? Is it doing anything at recovery? Are you using the parameter Carpet::regrid_during_recovery?
>
> I'm using Whisky, and the carpetregrid2::positions are computed
> by "Whisky_MoveCarpetGrids" thorn.
>
> I'm using the parameter,
> Carpet::regrid_during_recovery = "no".

OK. CarpetRegrid2::positions should be checkpointed and recovered; if this is working as it should (can you check your checkpoint files, just in case?), then something is changing these variables at recovery.

Is Whisky_MoveCarpetGrids perhaps reinitializing them? This will only matter if you're regridding at recovery (otherwise CarpetRegrid2 simply won't look at these values at that stage).

Eloisa