[Users] about "position_(x|y|z)[0-9]..asc" in CarpetRegrid2

Kentaro Takami kentaro.takami at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 6 17:20:37 CST 2012

> OK. CarpetRegrid2::positions should be checkpointed and recovered; if this is working as it should (can you check your checkpoint files, just in case?), then something is changing these variables at recovery.

At beginning, these variables are initialized by parameter values:

> INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Initialising position of centre 0 to [15.3,0,0]
> INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Initialising position of centre 1 to [-15.3,0,0]
> INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Initialising position of centre 2 to [0,0,0]

After reading checkpoint file, these variables are replaced by checkpoint data.

However I can not directly check the checkpoint file, because already
I don't have these checkpoint files
and this strange behavior "sometimes" happen (not every time in recovering).

> Is Whisky_MoveCarpetGrids perhaps reinitializing them?

I don't think so.
Already as I mention, I can see this strange behavior sometimes, not
every recovering time.
I guess...this means the behavior depend on the iteration position of
checkpoint file.

Kentaro