[Users] output not overwritten anymore?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:27:53 CDT 2012

This behaviour is not supposed to have changed. The basic mechanism is
implemented in CactusBase/IOUtil, where the aliased function
IO_TruncateOutputFiles decides whether to truncate (overwrite) or not.
Of course, each thorn is supposed to contain logic on top of this to
ensure that this function is only called once, during the beginning,
so that things are not overwritten at every time step...

This function basically determines whether this run started from
scratch or whether it is a restart.

Which thorn is misbehaving?

-erik