[Users] simfactory configuration for kraken

Haas, Roland roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:54:10 CDT 2012

Hello Bernard,

> Thanks, Erik, Roland.
No problem. Credit for finding proper options has to go to Christian Reisswig, Christian Ott and Cody Simmons.

> I grabbed the new cfg from the trunk using Roland's direct link, and it
> seems to work for me.
Thank you for testing the file.

> P.S. I was using PGI before, and had done a fresh compile from scratch
> after the Kraken overhaul, as suggested. It still hit issues with the
> mpi.h -- the same issue encountered with Intel, so I suspect that the
> kraken_pgi.cfg needs an update, too. Assuming anyone uses it, of course.
> I'm happy to stick with Intel for the moment.
My (pesonal) feeling is that the pgi configurtion file is likely to be retired. Most users seem to use the intel compiler (more familiar, fast code apparently). PGI had the advantage of being very picky about language standards and syntax. Made for a good test to check if we were using Intel/gcc specific features.