[Users] FFTW build error

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Sun Mar 25 17:29:10 CDT 2012

Hi.  I'm unable to build the latest Maxwell release anymore.  Following the download instructions verbatim, I hit a snag when compiling. There seems to be a problem with FFTW3.  I have it set in my options file to "BUILD", and what eventually happens is.... (below)
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott
this is on Nautilus.

libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../simd -LMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -I/opt/sgi/mpt/mpt-
2.04/include -std=c99 -MT timer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/timer.Tpo -c timer.c -o timer.o
In file included from timer.c:29:
cycle.h: In function ‘getticks’:
cycle.h:226: error: ‘asm’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cycle.h:226: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cycle.h:226: error: for each function it appears in.)
cycle.h:226: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘volatile’
gmake[4]: *** [timer.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
+ ((  2  ))
+ echo 'BEGIN ERROR'
+ echo 'Error while building FFTW3. Aborting.'
+ echo 'END ERROR'
+ exit 1
FFTW3 selected, but FFTW3_DIR not set.  Checking some places...
FFTW3 not found
Building FFTW3...
FFTW3 install directory, FFTW3_INSTALL_DIR, not set. Installing in the default configuration location
.

CST error 1:
  -> Configuration script for thorn FFTW3 returned exit code 1
     Error message: 'Error while building FFTW3. Aborting.'
--
Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics