[Users] GetComponent requests "clean checkout"

Luca Baiotti baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 26 07:25:47 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have a comment/request on this error message from GetComponents:

 >  ./bin/GetComponents --update --verbose
[...]
Error: The URL for KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD has changed, please
perform a clean checkout.

After showing the below error message, GetComponents stopped. But maybe
a user doesn't want to perform a clean checkout every time such a
mismatch occurs. I suggest to change the error message so that it
instructs the users to solve the problem (by manually checking out the
new repository) and then rerun GetComponents. Even better, GetComponents
could do something like renaming the old checkout "thorn" to "thorn.old"
and checking out the new repository.

In any case, it would be useful if this error could be made non-fatal,
namely if one could continue to update of the other thorns even without
the failed thorn.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Luca