[Users] cactus performance

Jose Fiestas Iquira jafiestas at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 26 22:58:24 CDT 2012

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I had a look at the benchmarks and profiling
links on the Cactus website, and would like to find out the way to
calculate Flops performed by a Cactus application. Are they some numbers
published? In one of the papers you sent to me I found timings of McLachlan
(which is my application), but I could not find Flops per simulation.

It seems to me I could be able to run my application using .par-files
prepared for benchmarking? Please correct me if I am wrong.

My goal is to have an idea of the Flops expected by McLachlan runs on
larger machines (few thousands or cores).

Thanks,
Jose