[Users] ETK VM

Dennis Castleberry dcastl2 at tigers.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 27 11:45:58 CDT 2012

Frank, and group,

As far as the visualization tools go, I've installed:

   - xgraph
   - ygraph
   - gnuplot
   - matplotlib

There was once a Linux installer for Vish on the sciviz.cct.lsu.edu site,
but it's not there anymore.  If it's one of the tools we intend to
demonstrate I'd be happy to compile it from source after my midterm today.
 If there are any others, let me know and I'll add them.

There's one more thing... all the thorns compiled with either OpenMPI or
MPICH2, but the linker fails at the very end with many undefined references
to functions (some of them HDF5)... maybe there are options to link with
external libraries that I haven't set?  No doubt an experienced user could
spot the root of the problem more easily than I.

Regards,

Dennis Castleberry
dcastl2 at tigers.lsu.edu