[Users] cactus simulation build

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Mar 30 20:29:11 CDT 2012

Sharath

Simfactory supports having multiple Cactus source trees around; this
is useful in many cases, e.g. if one has a production and a
development tree. Therefore, Simfactory needs to know which source
tree to use. You therefore have to call Simfactory from within the
Cactus source tree. This is similar to other Unix commands such as
make or svn.

The error message is indeed wrong; it should instead say that your
current directory is not a subdirectory of the sourcebasedir. (The
sourcebasedir is the directory containing the sourcedir, which is the
actual Cactus directory.)

-erik